Our therapists are trained in the treatment of many balance, vestibular, and fall risk conditions. These conditions may include Vertigo, Dizziness, Central Nervous Disorders, Neuropathy, Muscle Atrophy, or age related weakness.
During the evaluation, our therapist will assess your vestibular system, sensation, coordination, posture, strength and the use of proper assistive devices to help with mobility. Our therapist will then determine the course of treatment that may include:
- Coordination exercises
- Epley Manuever- repositioning for Benign Paroxysmal Positioning Vertigo (BPPV)
- Postural exercises
- Strengthening exercises
- Eye-Head coordination exercises
- Retraining of the inner ear-adaptation exercises
- Proprioception exercises
- Training with recommended mobility devices
- Home safety modification recommendations
According to the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 in 4 Americans age 65 and older fall each year. Our therapist will work with you to reduce your risk of falls and help you get back to a higher quality of life.